We receive the question of “Why install solar panels?” every day. Let’s make a quick list of all the common reasons to do it or to abstain for both homeowners and business owner:
- Save on your electric bill
- Take advantage of the current Tax Credits
- Create a passive income. This can be a significant income, depending on which State you have your property
- Increase the value of your home or business
- Become more energy independent
- Avoid price fluctuation from the utility provider, because solar has a fixed price and utility rates go up over time
- Create U.S. based jobs (engineering, installation, high-tech design and manufacturing, software development etc)
- Reduce your carbon emissions
- Strengthen the local economy as local businesses work and trade with each other
- Show your customer or neighbors that you are ahead of the curve and responsible
Why you shouldn’t go solar:
- You have trees that create shading. We won’t cut down trees to place solar panels
- Your roof needs repair before putting solar panels on it (although we can repair it before putting solar panels)
- You will sell your property in the next 3 years. Average payback time is 3.5 years in Washington DC
- The high-tech looking panels don’t look good on your property
- You think the savings of thousands of dollars and for larger projects of hundreds of thousands of dollars is not worth your time
- Worried about how it will all work, although we provide 10 years of warranty on all labor and 20 years on products, so there is nothing to worry about.
- Worried about the additional maintenance cost. The electric savings and passive income offset this.
We quantify these benefits for your business or home. Contact us to hear the specifics.